Rules for the Chipping and Putting contests in the NW La. District Senior Olympics have been established. The event will take place Sunday, May 15, at the Practice Tee, Benton Road at the I-220 exit, in Bossier City. Competition will begin at 1:30 p.m.
- Circle with radius of five (5) feet drawn around cup.
- Starting point 15 yards from cup (behind arc line).
- Contestants get four shots each.
- Balls outside the five-foot ring recorded at 60 inches.
- Balls inside five-foot ring measured in inches.
- Contestant with lowest number of inches is winner of his/her age group. Second and third medals awarded within age groups.
- Contestants get four putts each.
- Two putts from 12-foot mark; two puts from 15-foot mark. Marks make for putts from different angles.
- All putts measured in inches.
- Contestant with lowest number of inches is winner in his/her age group. Second and third medals awarded in each age group.
Contestants must provide own equipment.